Good morning lovelies! I wanted to take a few minutes to tell you about my favorite toothpaste and mouthwash. I have been using Thieves for a couple of months now and I have seen such a difference in my gum health! I used to bleed when I brushed (I know, ew. But bear with me here) but I am happy to say that I have not had that issue for about a month! When I brush, my gums feel strong and healthy and of course, the taste is something to rave about!
Thieves Essential Oil is highly antiviral and antiseptic and contains oils that help protect the body from the onset of flu, candida, colds, etc. It may also help with sinusitis, bronchitis, pneumonia, coughs, strep, sore throats, periodontal (gum) disease, teething, cold sores, bruises, cuts, infection, slivers and splinters. It is actually considered antiplague, as it was used by thieves in England to protect them from the plague when stealing from the sick and dying.
Single oils contained in the Thieves Essential Oil blend are: Clove, Lemon, Cinnamon Bark, Eucalyptus Radiata and Rosemary Cineol.
Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste
Thieves Toothpaste is a plant-based formula that is free of sulfates, synthetic dyes, artificial flavors, preservatives and fluoride. It brushes away daily buildup and helps fight the effects of staining.
Peppermint, Spearmint, and Cinnamon Bark essential oils, along with our popular Thieves blend, give this toothpaste a sweet spicy-mint flavor and freshen breath!
With AromaBright you can get rid of all of the harmful ingredients found in commercial toothpastes and start practicing a healthier morning and night routine! I will never go back to using the harmful toothpastes that are portrayed on television.
Here’s a little information about just a few of what’s in your commercial toothpaste…
- Triclosan – Although this has been shown to help prevent gingivitis, there are some serious concerns. This chemical has been linked to concerns over endocrine disruption and antibiotic resistance. Endocrine disrupting chemicals pose many risks as they promote a very wide variety of health concerns including but not limited to: breast cancer, ovarian, prostate, and testicular cancer and preterm and low birth weight babies. The state of Minnesota has already banned most uses of Triclosan, but it’s still contained in most toothpaste, hand soap, makeup and more across the US.Research has found that people who brushed daily with Colgate Total had more than five times the amount of Triclosan in their urine than those who did not.
- Sodium Lauryl Sulfate (SLS) – This chemical is what’s known as a surfactant and they are responsible for the foaming action in the toothpaste. However, they break up the phospholipids on your tongue which result in a disfunction of your taste buds. This is actually why everything tastes so bitter right after you’ve brushed your teeth! SLS has also been linked to causing canker sores and in fact, people who have recurring canker sores are suggested to use SLS-free toothpaste. But worst of all, this chemical (that’s in your toothpaste) is actually registered as an insecticide! The manufacturers wanted to market SLS as a pesticide for organic farmers but, of course, they were denied. Why? There was concern for its potential for environmental damage. Is that something you really want in your teeth?!
- Fluoride – This is actually going to be its own blog post because I have so much information to share with you about it. Although Fluoride is said to be “oh so amazing,” it is NOT. Fluoride is put into our toothpaste and even our food and water but yet, approximately 91% of Americans STILL have cavities? HOW?! Isn’t this supposed to be the save-all for our mouth health? Science has demonstrated that fluoride is a toxic chemical that accumulates in your tissues over time and brings about a number of serious health effects including neurological and endocrine dysfunction.
- Propylene Glycol – The industrial grade of this oil is used in antifreeze, paints, enamels and airplane de-icers. Althought the pharmaceutical grade is used in many of our personal care products, this is definitely not something I’d like to be using in my mouth every single day.
- Supports healthy-looking gums and teeth with naturally derived ingredients.
- Removes stains.
- Provides long-lasting fresh breath.
- Provides a refreshing minty taste with 100 percent pure essential oils.
- Contains no sulfates, synthetic dyes, artificial flavors, or preservatives.
Water, Calcium carbonate, Cocos nucifera (Coconut) oil, Sodium bicarbonate, Glycerin, Xylitol, Xanthum gum, Mentha piperita† (Peppermint) oil, Mentha spicata† (Spearmint) leaf oil, Stevia rebaudiana leaf extract, Lecithin, Eugenia caryophyllus (Clove) bud oil, Ocotea quixos† (Ocotea) leaf oil, Cinnamomum verum† (Cinnamon) Bark oil, Citrus limon† (Lemon) peel oil, Eucalyptus Radiata† leaf oil, Rosmarinus officinalis† (Rosemary) leaf oil
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils
Thieves Fresh Essence Plus Mouthwash
Again, you wouldn’t think that our typical mouthwashes are loaded with cancer causing chemicals, but they are unfortunately. It’s no secret that we are poisoned daily with chemicals that cause our sickness and then, in turn, fuel the pharmaceutical companies. It’s a harsh reality, but it’s we’re dealing with and it’s with products like these that we can turn our health around.
Some of the toxic ingredients in popular mouthwashes include:
- Chlorhexidine – This chemical is known for killing the good bacteria in the body that are responsible for relaxing the blood vessels. And, according to a study published in the journal Free Radical Biology and Medicine, using mouthwash twice a day can increase blood pressure and therefore, lead to serious heart conditions.
- Hexetidine (oraldene) – Too much of this chemical can be responsible for clotting in the parts of the brain that are responsible for sensory and neural functions. And, over time, this chemical could ultimately cause these parts to fail.
- Methylparaben – This chemical has actually been found within breast cancer tissues. This is a popular chemical used in many personal care products for women and is strongly believed to help accelerate the growth of breast cancer.
- Provides fresh breath and an extra clean mouth
- Supports healthy-looking gums and teeth
- Provides a refreshing taste with 100 percent pure essential oils.
- Contains no alcohol, dyes, or artificial flavors
How to Use
Water, Colloidal silver, Mentha piperita† (Peppermint) oil, Lecithin, Quillaja saponaria wood extract, Potassium sorbate, Stevia rebaudiana (Stevia) leaf extract, Syzygium caryophyllus† (Clove) bud oil, Mentha spicata† (Spearmint) leaf extract, Citrus limon† (Lemon) peel oil, Cinnamomum zeylanicum† (Cinnamon) bark oil, Vetiveria zizanioides† (Vetiver) root oil, Eucalyptus radiata† leaf oil, Rosmarinus officinalis† (Rosemary) leaf oil, Tocopheryl, Citric acid.
†100% pure, therapeutic-grade essential oils
At the end of the day, it’s completely your decision. I feel it’s important to highlight some of the facts so you know what you’re putting into your body every day. Since I’ve been using Thieves AromaBright Toothpaste and Pure Essence Mouthwash, I’ve noticed a big difference in my oral health including stronger gums, fresher breath and happier teeth!
If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me. It’s definitely important to do your own research and see what’s right for you and your family. I just know that my health is a top priority to me!
Much love, friends!
• xoxo •